Thank you everyone who attending the Fairbanks Cycle Club Annual Meeting Sunday, October 22nd. We had a little over a dozen members in attendance; half who rode starting at noon while the other half joined us around 3pm for the official meeting part. In addition to brief reports from the board members, race directors and ride leaders provided summaries of their summer seasons. Finally, the present members voted in the 2018 FCC Board Members:
President: Rachael Kvapil
Vice President: David James
Treasurer: Ken Smith
Member-at-Large: Julie Mancill
The key points from the meeting are as follows:
· Tour of Fairbanks needs a race director for it to continue. The board is offering a $3,000 stipend for organizing the event. It takes a few hours here and there to plan the stages, get permits, sponsors, volunteers, etc. with an increase of time commitment in the weeks preceding the race. Currently, the 2018 TOF is scheduled for June 7-10.
· Chena Hotsprings Ride needs a race director, though that may have resolved itself since the meeting (we will keep you up to date).
· The new FCC website has been released and will allow race directors and ride leaders access to their pages so they may keep their information up to date. Registration will be handled through the site so membership is accurate (for insurance purposes). The Listserve will now be only a membership benefit.
· Group rides continued throughout the summer though participation waned in the later months. Cyclocross races gained momentum and several members suggested hold a skills clinic before the Brown Leaf Classic occurs again.
· FCC continues to work with Geoff Orth and Eric Troyer on trail development throughout the borough.
I appreciate the support of all our members. If there is a riding camp, project, or event you would like to propose and organize, please let us know.
Sincerely Your FCC Prez,