The Fairbanks Cycle Club has a new board!
Thank you to all our new board members (and to Geoff, our one returning member).
- Alyssa Enriquez: President
- Travis Naibert: Vice President
- Jenny Campbell: Secretary
- Tom Dale: Treasurer
- Erica Betts: At Large Member
- Geoff Orth: At Large Member
And thank you to the departing board members:
- Rachael Kvapil: President
- David James: Vice President
- Ryan Kabat: Treasurer
- Julie Mancill: Secretary
The new board was chosen at the FCC Annual Meeting, which was held on October 25 via Zoom. Also at the meeting:
- Rachael discussed the club’s finances, which are in good shape so far despite not being able to hold the FCC Bike Swap this year due to the pandemic.
- Rachael described the success of the Youth MTB Class, which was started and run by Hilary Saucy, who figured out how to do it with social distancing and limited group sizes. (The summer classes were so successful, Hilary added some fall classes.)
- Geoff outlined the progress of the Rosie Creek Forestry Area project, which would turn that forestry area’s focus to recreation while its forestry operations are dormant. (The first round of work on the project will be starting next spring.)
- Julie reported that the Chena Hot Springs Ride was not held due to the pandemic, but she said she would help put that on next summer (assuming Fairbanks is in better shape regarding the pandemic).