The Fairbanks Cycle Club needs volunteers for the FCC Bike Swap! Here are some details:
- The swap will be held June 5 at the Tanana Valley State Fairbanks in the Borealis Pavilion (big blue building).
- Volunteers will be needed in four different shifts. The first one starts at 8:30am and the last one ends at 2 p.m.
- See the sign up sheet here: tinyurl.com/ypzx88dx
There are a couple of other outdoor-related events happening on June 5. Unfortunately, that was the only day that worked for the swap. Other events I know happening that day include:
- National Trails Day work party on the Pinnell Mountain Trail. (There will also be opportunities for that project on June 6 and 26.)
- Alaska Endurance Trail Run is that weekend.
- Adventure Cycling Association’s “Bike Travel Weekend” is that weekend.
*BIKE SWAP COVID MITIGATION PROTOCOLS*
- All volunteers and entrants will be required to wear masks.
- Everyone will be encouraged to stay 6 feet away from non-household members.
- We’ve got the whole pavilion and I’m working with Arctic Triathlon to get additional bike racks. This will enable us to spread out bikes as much as possible.
- Biking gear will be placed on the floor and spread out as much as possible.
*TRIATHLON RACE HELP REQUESTED*
In exchange for the bike racks, Arctic Triathlon would like three volunteers for the North Pole Triathlon on June 26. Volunteers will be needed to hand out drinks at aid stations, count noses leaving the water, guide cyclists at intersections and the bike turnaround, and various other easy tasks. The race starts at 9 am and the last finisher will be in by 1 pm. Can anyone help with the triathlon race? If so, please send an email to fbxtrails (at) gmail.com.
Thanks, Eric Troyer Bike Swap Coordinator