Edward Jones Points Series
The 2017 Edward Jones Points Series is a series of road races, hill climbs, and time trials held roughly every other Thursday during the summer season. Points for each race will be awarded to the top 10 finishers. A racer’s four best results will be added together to determine the season’s winner, so you have to race at least four times.
In addition to the four-race requirement, each person must:
- volunteer at one of the events, and
- volunteer at a second event, or have someone volunteer on their behalf.
So, failing to volunteer in two events (or one event and bringing a volunteer for the second) removes the racer from overall series standing.
No volunteering and racing in same race.
See how craftily we get people to volunteer?
Points will be awarded to participants as follows:
- 1st place finish: 70 points
- 2nd place finish: 60 points
- 3rd place finish: 50 points
- 4th place finish: 40 points
- 5th place finish: 30 points
- Finishing at all: 20 points
- Race director: 60 points (only one such point award per participant per season.)
- Volunteering: 20 points
See the calendar or our Facebook page for locations, times and race details.
Race is subject to air quality. If the Fairbanks North Star Borough air quality is “Unhealthy” or worse, we won’t hold the event.
Check the Race Results Forum for race results.
Awards will be made after the last points series race of the season.
2017 Points Series Races
|5/4/2017||Cripple Creek Time Trial||Christopher Knott|
|6/1/2017||UAF Criterium - Geophysical Institute||Christopher Knott|
|6/10/2017||Elliott Highway Sportif and Road Race - Silver Gulch||Christopher Knott|
|6/29/2017||Summit Hill Climb Road Race||Christopher Knott|
|8/17/2017||Fairbanks Roubaix||Christopher Knott|