The Fairbanks cobbled (or gravel) classic is here. We ride from Goldstream Sports on Sheep Creek toward UAF. Head up Goldhill and then a right on Henderson. Continue on the gravel to Ester Dome and up to the towers on top. Total mileage is 16.1 miles. The old course record was 46.23 by Tyson Flaharty.
All bikes (mountain, road, cross, fat, etc) are all welcome for this race as well. With the rain we have had this week it may be wet and muddy this year. Also, we will have an end of the season BBQ at the top. If the weather is rainy or cold we will move it to Goldstream Sports.
What a great night. Light rain cooled the racers off and made for somewhat muddy conditions on the long climb. Tyson steamrolled the course with a record setting 46.14 despite the less than ideal conditions. Surprise of the night came from Jordan who not only won the junior title but also came in a solid second place. Tom had himself a great ride winning the Sport/Master Men division despite focusing on running this summer. Alisabeth was able to multi-task on the trail as she was on-call and had to stop to take a phone call. Impressive time for stopping!
Hotdogs and hamburgers greeted all riders at the finish as did a beautiful rainbow. Check out the club Facebook page to see the “finishing line rainbow”.
- Tyson Flaharty 46:14 (first Open) ****COURSE RECORD
- Jordan Laker-Morris 52:28 (first Juniors)
- Andrew Weller 52:48 (Open)
- Ben Kahoe 55:45 (Juniors)
- Eric Matson 56:22 (Open)
- Riley Troyer 58:15 (Open)
- Tom Dale 59:50 (first Sport/Masters)
- Greg Kahoe 60:47 (Sport/Masters)
- Forrest Sutton 61:08 (Open)
- Matt Glover 64:00 (Open)
- Alisabeth Thurston Hicks 67:08 (first Women)
- Ty Rollean 74:07 (Sport/Masters)
- Ryan Kabat 79:29 (Sport/Masters)
- Adrian Peterson 84:41 (Juniors)
- Earl Peterson 84:49 (Sport/Masters)
Peter Delamere DNS
Sam Delamere DNS