We have collected a variety of resources about biking in the Fairbanks area and beyond.
Places to bike
- Bikeways map (in and around Fairbanks; interactive and PDF versions)
- Trail Forks website and app (for mountain biking and snow biking)
- There are several other trails apps. See a list here.
- Top 10 Best Roads to Bike in Interior Alaska (blog post)
- Tanana Valley State Forest Roads Offer Excellent Biking
- Our Maps Archive
Advocacy and Laws
- Local, National, and International Cycling Advocacy Groups
- Riding Lawfully in Alaska (AK Dept of Transportation flyer, last updated in 2003)
- Bicycles on the Road (AK Dept of Transportation blog post from 2015)
- Winter Riding Tips
- Guidance for Cycling During Times of Wildfire Smoke
- FAST Planning (Fairbanks Area Surface Transportation Planning)
- An organization that coordinates transportation planning with several governments in the urbanized Fairbanks/North Pole area. It has a Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC).
- Alaska’s Statewide Bicycle-Pedestrian Plan (and other resources)
- Alaska Bike and Pedestrian Resources: A guide for Alaskan cyclists and pedestrians
- Bikepacking Roots’s “Love Where You Ride” Ethical Bikepacking Guidelines
- The Youth Services Team of Fairbanks Volunteers in Policing has a “Youth Bike Safety Program”
- “Who Maintains My Road?” map for Fairbanks area